Monday, August 8, 2011

Bottled Rainbow Block

I finally finished one of my Bottled Rainbow QAL blocks.  The QAL is over by the way.  Oh well.  This is a quilt-as-you-go kind of quilt.  It uses Kona solids for the border and white in the middle. It is all sewn to the batting.  Then the fun part.  You use scraps that match the border fabric.  In this case the more orange the better.  I don't have too many modern scraps so this was a stretch for me.  I think it turned out okay.  I have lots to go.  Maybe pink is next.  I have a lot of pink.



I got two more blocks for the Farmer's Wife QAL.  I now have 20 done.  Only 91 more to go.  



Today I am quilting my son's quilt.  I am starting out with stitch in the ditch.  I am not sure yet what I am going to do with the border and the 9" blocks.  They look sort of empty with no stitching in them.





1 comment:

  1. I love your bottled rainbow quilt. Orange rocks! BTW Joe is NOT my husband. At the show, the future guild president said, "Oh, this must be your husband" and we both threw up our hands and said "NOOOOO!" and laughed and laughed. 8)

    Thanks for your kind words about my quilt,
    Susan in Texas

    PS Hot enough in Austin for you? We're so crispy dry here in Fort Worth it's pitiful.

    ReplyDelete