Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quilting Fun

I have been fairly productive, I just haven't posted recently.  I went to a local quilt show recently and saw some beautiful quilts and bought some beautiful batik fabric.  I am making a batik quilt using my "Fat Quarter Shuffle" easy peasy pattern.  I used the same pattern for the charity quilt below that I pieced several months ago.  I ran out last week to get border fabric and luckily found a match to one of the fabrics in the quilt.  I need to get that quilted up by the end of the month for the "Wildfire" quilt drive in our area.


I also finished up a table topper that I had pieced a while ago.  I used a charm pack of Terry Thompson Clothier fabric.  Can't remember the name right now.  This was for our silent auction for our charity drive at work.  We put together a kitchen basket with some homemade and some store bought items.  My contribution was the table topper and two machine embroidered kitchen towels.    I had a busy weekend last week getting those items done.  I also pin basted my son's Asian themed quilt with a pieced backing.  I will get a picture of that tomorrow when I get it done.  I also have to cut my 2 1/2" strips together for my Civil War fabric swap.  I am getting tired just talking about it.


2 comments: