Saturday, January 28, 2012

Log Cabin Blocks

I spent last weekend working on my log cabin quilt.  I had previously had seven blocks done and then got caught up in Christmas gifts.  Now that I am free again I started up with the log cabin blocks.  I had eight more cut before last weekend so I assembled them and ended up with fifteen blocks that were complete.  I decided I wanted a twin size so I was going to need a total of 48 blocks.  Then the fun began.  I cut and I cut and I cut.  Now I have nice piles of every size separated by light and dark.  Now I get to assemble and sew this weekend.  I had to go to my LQS and then to JoAnn's to get additional fabric.  Good thing I had a coupon for 20% off my total purchase and then the fabric was 40% off.  I even got the backing fabric for my husband's quilt.  A bargain of $12.00 for 4 yards of fabric.



Wish me luck.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the log cabin!! Great color choice. Thanks for leaving a comment on my block swap. Sandra Kaye

    ReplyDelete