Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Birds, Bees and Butterfly Strands Quilt

I made a sample quilt for our charity block drive for the Austin Modern Quilt Guild.  I used a tutorial from Fresh Lemons called Birds, Bees and Butterfly Strands http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?p=2000.  I used a color scheme of pinks and greys.  The basic block was a 8.5" square of Kona White.   I did mine as a baby quilt but we are going to do lap-size quilts.


Birds, Bees and Butterfly Strands

So easy breezy to make.  It makes a very bright and modern quilt.  Just perfect for a young girl.

I was in a scrap swap and had to make a homemade item.  I made up a slab of the same fabrics as above.  I used it for a cute zipper pouch which I did not take a picture of before I sent it off.  Hopefully my swap partner will like it.  I am a big fan of slabs.  "Sunday Morning Quilts" spoke to me as far as building slabs went.  



1 comment: