Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pillowcase for Sandy Hook Elementary

I took part in the Pillowcase Drive for Sandy Hook Elementary students.  A fellow Austin Modern Quilt Guild member and I combined our pillowcases and sent them today.  Thanks Amanda.  I was going to make two but I goofed up my first pillowcase so I went with one instead.  I heard they have collected over 5000 pillowcases.  The quilting community really responds to drives in a big way.  This is the way we know how to make things better.  I know some of my fellow bloggers sent off snowflakes.  Hopefully these gestures will make a difference in the lives of that traumatized community.


Because of this project and all of my other Christmas projects I have an overflowing scrap bin.  Guess I need to do some sorting this weekend.



I have discovered Quilters Dream Select cotton batting.  Love it.  Used if for the first time over the weekend.  No skipped stitches.  The needle just glided through it.  I shopped online today for bargains. This stuff is not cheap.  Found a 30% deal at Fabric.com.  Got a Super Queen and a Throw size with free shipping for around $32.00.  I am excited to use it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment