Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Barn Raising Quilt

I got my barn-raising quilt pieced a while ago but have not gotten around to posting.  It turned out great.  I got the Kaffe fabric in a kit from Remnants Fiber Culture.   She had the same quilt hanging in her shop.  I have not gotten around to getting my backing sewn yet.  I will probably do a lot of quilting after the first of the year.  I need to buy more backing fabric and another roll of batting on sale.



I think I reversed a few of the lights and darks that were mediums. I still like the final result though.

I have been listening to Sirius radio and basting hexies today.  My October blocks are due for my Get Your Hex On bee.  It is very relaxing.  I have all the basting done.  Next step putting them together.  I will get to that tomorrow.  I also have to do my October Block Swap Adventure block.  I am running a little behind.

1 comment:

  1. I love how this turned out. The colors are great.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete