Sunday, November 3, 2013

EPP Day

I worked on my Grandmother's Garden Wall Hanging yesterday and today.  I now have half of it sewn together.  I like how it is turning out.  Once I have all the EPP part together I am going to applique it onto a piece of white solid.  The pattern I have suggests prairie points for a border, but I am not sure about that.  I will have to see how I feel as it gets closer to Christmas and I have to give it as a gift.



I also finished basting my first Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Cross block.  Recognize the colorway.  I am fixated on black and yellow.  I am adding grey to the mix based on my inspiration fabric of French Dress by Laura Berringer.



I am trying to get motivated to make my first real purse.  I have made zipper bags and drawstring bags but not a purse.  Anything to get away from pushing a needle through fabric.  Ha.  I have a lot of that in my future.  I am only getting nine blocks from my bee mates.  The one I completed makes 10.  I would like to make a queen-sized quilt.  Am I crazy or what.  


9 comments:

  1. Sue,
    I LOVE your Lucy block. Great color combinations. And your Grandmothers Garden wall hanging is looking terrific.
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grandmother's garden is coming along nicely. I LOVE the Lucy Boston Block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey and yellow is spectacular. The flower garden blocks are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower garden is gorgeous. I love the fabrics. I think a queen quilt would be fun in the Lucy Boston block.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.......just fabulous....and that fabric in the last block...ohhhh laaa laa

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you have been busy! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't hexis so fun!? Love your freshh colors! That cross block is amazing. I have not seen that pattern before. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! I LOVE your fabric. I'm in the process of trying to decide my next hexie project and after seeing your beautiful block I'm pretty sure I've made my decision. Patchwork of the Cross it will be.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your EPP is so beautiful! Glad I stopped by to see =)

    ReplyDelete