Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Little of This and A Little of That

Just a little post before I do my Fabriholics Anonymous post this evening.  I did get a few things done over the long holiday.  I had Tuesday through Friday off.

I started out with this stack of string blocks and added six more to make a lap size quilt. I got these string blocks in a swap a couple of years ago.  I am determined to finish up all of my projects that had completed blocks.


It finished up like this.  I gave it to a friend who will finish it up and give it to the Alzheimer wing at her Mom's assisted living.  It has lots of nice seams to fiddle with.


I also had  numerous blocks from my Block Swap Adventure.  I had enough for the quilt top and enough to piece some into the back.  I have finished the top but do not have a picture yet.  It turned out to be twin-sized and will make a nice quilt for our guest bed.  Below is my stack of blocks.  I never changed my profile so all of these are in traditional fabric.  I wanted to have enough to make a quilt.


I also have a picture of the Lucy Boston blocks I have so far.  I have a long way to go to make a queen sized quilt.


I did get some additional goodies before I start my fabric diet.  I got some more Denyse Schmidt fabric both FMF and Chicopee for my stash. I do so love her fabric.  Also, Craftsy was having a wonderful fabric sale and I got a stack of Amy Butler Soul Blossoms for about $1.25 per FQ.  I also scored on a stack of Kona FQ's.  I got 40% off of the sale price on these since I bought a four yard cut of Kona Snow a few weeks back.  I am finally going to get around to doing the 2012 Block of the Month quilt with Amy Gibson.  Love all of her blocks in the sampler quilt.  I got a spider web ruler from my Amazon gift cards.  I am going to make a few spider web quilts with fabric from my ever growing scrap bins.



3 comments:

  1. I love the colors you are using for the Lucy Boston blocks. What fabric is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple and blue in the string quilt are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you're using in the Lucy Boston blocks. I'm just curious - are you using 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch pieces in your blocks. They look like 1 1/2's but it could be the camera angle. I'm fixing to start one and I'm still trying to decide which size piece to use. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete